mercoledì 10 ottobre 2007

chicken-tastic

This is a chicken.
Sidenote: I was reading Brent Garland's blog last night (thanks to a link from Kelly's blog ((LOVE the painted pumpkins btw)) and came across something I really liked. He described himself as "a confirmed malcontent." I don't know what he meant exactly by that phrase, but I know what it meant for me. It resonated with something I've been thinking about lately: that it's okay for me to see myself as someone who is not totally happy all the time. I've come to realize (it took me long enough!!!) that I don't have to hide from the world when I don't feel fan-freakin-tastic. End sidenote. (sort of).
This is a chicken.
This is also just a chunk of genomic data from duplicated human DNA sequences that just happen to look like a chicken. I know that birds are the descendents of dinosaurs. But if we have a chicken likeness in our genomic duplications, then maybe we're from dinosaurs too. That might explain alot. Humans can be real monsters. Just look around.
I'm not going to say that all humans are descended from dinosaurs. I'll just stick to my own genome and say that I officially have dinosaur ancestors. And since I have a deep dark dino mom and pop, then being a confirmed malcontent is not so scary. Of course there is no reason for me to need dino ancestors to be a confirmed malcontent...but Rome was not built in a day...but if teradactals had been asked to help with some of the frescos, I think we could have gotten Rome off the "to-do list" in about a week. And the art would have been a little bit darker and reptilian. And dark is good. In fact, it's beautiful.

2 commenti:

Kelly O ha detto...

Thanks! I think they turned out rather well, too.

Dark is good and beautiful, it's true.

W ha detto...

The chicken would make a good graphic T (if you were in to that). The word "reptilian" cam as a surprise and made me laugh out loud right now.
Love this post! (and the fact that I can experience some of your talent on a daily basis) awww.