giovedì 31 gennaio 2008

Webelos aka We Blow

When you're done being a cub scout but before you're a boy scout...
you blow.
literally.
you're officially part of the Webelows, pronounced "we blow"
I blow
you blow
we blow

but if we blow, are we still allowed in the boyscouts?

My fifth grade history teacher, Miss Deane, laughed uncontrollably when we showed up with our red plaid necktie-scarf things that signify Webelow-dom.
"What are you guys called?" she asked, pants in a permanent khakis wedgie.
we blow
snickering
whats your real name
weblows!!!!

and so it went for a while...in abbot and costello style

I haven't googled this, and if I did, i'm sure I'd find a never ending string of ironic jokes looking at the "no gays" policy of a group in which the boys are officially called "webelos"

the reason I'm thinking about this now is that I overheard someone talking about being a Webelos yesterday.

1 commento:

W ha detto...

The joke when I became a weblow was "we below down scouts"...less interesting.