mercoledì 2 gennaio 2008

buon compleanno rosaria

Happy Birthday Rosaria.

It's true that you had to make your own birthday cake but who else can make a rice and ricotta cake as well as you??? grazie mille per la torta e la cena.

i bought the flowers on the street in Holland yesterday afternoon. When I went through security at Schipol last night, the guards were super careful with the flowers. The cute security guy who hand carried the wrapped up flowers to me so they wouldn't get hurt on the conveyor belt pretended that I had to pay a 5 euro "flower tax." Then, after that joke, he moved to joke #2. He handed me the flowers, said "Good luck tonight" and gave me a knowing smile...perhaps he is used to guys buying flowers out of guilt before leaving Amsterdam.

In Dutch, how do you say, "These are for my mother-in-law!"

Nessun commento: