mercoledì 9 gennaio 2008

This is Illegal in the US of A

Un pasteurized milk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For real, dude!

This is the stuff that you can only find in back road black markets off country road in Amerika. The land of the free, but you're not free to drink milk that hasn't been pasteurized.

Back from Montova, we turned up at Ivano's parent's house (it's an apartment, but I still call it a house...just like I call our apt a house in some contexts...). I was all excited to show the milk to Ivano's mom, Rosaria. She immediately opened the top and smelled it and agreed that it had not been flash cooked. I was was like, how cool are you? You smell milk to determine pasteurization! Everyone needs an old-school Italian mother in their life.

2 commenti:

W ha detto...

what are the benefits of non-pasteurization?? more flavor for cheeses and such?

Daniel ha detto...

I don't really know...I'm guessing that the heating up of the milk does something to the milk...but I don't know what...the good thing about nonpasteurized milk is that it has to be fresh, which is a good think in and of itself...and by the way, they now sell nonpastureized milk at whole foods...just 9 bucks for a half gallon!!!!