mercoledì 30 luglio 2008

really?

really? it's been a week?

really? I just my mom a homemade birthday card for her 60th birthday?

really? One of my brothers wants us to present my mom with a $900 check so she can buy a sofa for her birthday that i'm sure she won't be happy with. And besides, she now has two grandbabies who come to grandmas house and want to jump all over the furniture. Is this the time for a new sofa?

Can you tell that I'm partial to the industrial dorm style furniture that has been in my parents' living room since (almost) as long as I can remember? I still remember when the brown plaid dude was the main sofa...if we could get new inner cushions for that, it would be all the rage in a retro thrift shop.

3 commenti:

Kelly O ha detto...

If you stick with the sofa idea, I'd recommend leather. Vomit wipes off it quite nicely!

Daniel ha detto...

:) and there would be vomit! it just seems weird to give someone a sofa as a birthday present. It's like scheduling a couples trip to the orthodontist for an anniversary weekend.

jb ha detto...

I think you may be underestimating the joys of a new sofa.