lunedì 7 luglio 2008

cantakerous can-canker-ous can-Kanka-us post

Sorry for being so gross, but I am so excited that my canker sore is healing that I had to share. I bit my lip while eating salad about 10 days ago, and the tiny cut inside my mouth ballooned into a big ole sore. And this one landed in a particularly tricky location, just external enough that when I close my lips, I hit the sore, which means every morning when I wake up, I have to peel my lips apart and the healing skin rips off the sore and we have to start all over again. But two days ago, I decided to cover the outer edge in a bit of neosporin, while still covering the inner part with Kanka as always. The combo seems to be working. I've been getting these my whole life, but ever since I started chewing with my mouth closed on a more regular basis (about 12 years ago), the frequency has dropped by at least half. (my working hypothesis being that chewing with my mouth open increases the frequency with which I bite my lip while eating.) I still remember sitting outside the main library at UNL with Matt and Chesley 12 years ago. We were eating pizza and Chesley was like, "why don't you chew with your mouth closed?" She wasn't being mean. She was really just wondering (or at least she was nice enough to make me believe that). And I was like "I didn't realize I was chewing with my mouth open."

...can you tell that I didn't date in high school????

On Saturday night, a friend suggested I stay away from cows b/c he says foot and mouth diseases is related to what I got. thanks. I always wanted to be a communicable threat to livestock.

Nessun commento: