sabato 17 novembre 2007

Daniel Kelly and Plato

Kelly and I managed to meet up for lunch in College Park on Tuesday. It was so nice to see her in person. This is the Kelly whose blog I've mentioned here and here.


Prior to this week, I had not been back to DC since Memorial Day weekend. During that trip, i stopped by Kelly and Todd's cool farm house in College Park to catch up. (btw, this picture at the other side of the previous link is from way more than 6 months ago!) That was before I started this blog. And during that visit, Kelly convinced me to try out the whole blogging thing. And here I am. What's nice is that when I saw Kelly this week, there were a bunch of things that we didn't need to catch up on because we'd been following the other person's blog.

I'm not saying the blogs are all-encompassing, or that there are not many things that we talked about that are SO not going on this blog right now, but I am saying that I wish I knew as much about the daily goings on of my other family members (chosen and inherited) as I do about Kelly and her crew. If blogs help keep people connected, then long live the blog (until the next technology comes out. There will be a time when people say, "remember when people used to blog as a way to stay in touch. That's so weird! Now that we teleport, the idea of writing and photographing your life sounds so strange. You can just invite others to just show up!)
After lunch we went back to her office and I got a quick visit with some plants that I had given Kelly back when we shared an office wall on the 12th floor of 1200 New York Ave NW Washington DC 20005 at AAAS.

Nessun commento: