sabato 17 novembre 2007

DK in DC

I was back in DC last week, seeing family and friends. It was a marathon. An enjoyable marathon with fantastic trees in the background, foreground and in between -- but a marathon nonetheless. I apologize in advance for the fact that I didn't get to see everyone that I had hoped to.

Want to know how my last morning in DC went?

7:45 AM My cell phone alarm starts buzzing. I finally get up at 8 and immediately start packing.But this is not normal packing. This packing involves rummaging through boxes in a walk-in closet lookingfor things I want to take back to San Diego. I found a baby-blue retro suit, and my thre short-sleevedpark ranger shirts. I also found a wool turtleneck. Too bad it was full of moth-eaten holes. And doubletoo bad that I didn't notice the holes till yesterday when I put it on in my attempt to find some clothes for work that did not need to be ironed.

9:15 My dad drives me to my aunt Peggy's house.

12:30 My aunt peggy drives me to my aunt Pattie's house.

1:30 My aunt Pattie drives me to the Forest Glen metro station.

2:22 I pop out of the Metro at Farragut North (red line) and meet douglas for a hug and a quite momentin a garden outside the the National Geographic building.

2:40 Douglas walks me to the Farragut West station on the blue line. I train it to National Airport. NO, it's not called Ronald Reagan NationalAirport, or Reagan National or Reagan. It's just called National. And if you must add some Reagan to the name,call it RFN or Reagan Fucking National. I'm still pissed they gave the airport to Reagan's memory.

3:00 Find out that my flight is delayed and that I will miss my connection in Dallas and that I'll be arriving at home 3 hourslater than planned. but it's all good. there are lots of straight business travelling men to watch. Their fingers are so quickon their Blackberries. I wonder how they do with the original "hand held device."


Nessun commento: