martedì 15 aprile 2008

three observations

1. My butt is sore from wave dancing. And this has got me thinking about water aerobics for people in san diego...surf aerobics...you do your water aerobics in the surf.

2. Lemon-lime Gatorade IS disgusting. On Saturday, when I was drinking it in the hot sun and eating salted cashews, I thought it was the greatest thing ever. But yesterday, I drank a bottle of lemon lime gatorade just after I ate an orange from emilio, and I quickly saw just how gross it is. It tastes like chemicals. It doesn't taste like anything you'd want to drink, especially if it doesn't give you a buzz.

3. wearing a heavy backpack (one filled with 13 pounds or oranges, three grapefruit, three avacadoes and random stuff I meant to read), it's very hard to breathe deeply. I've been toying with the idea of practicing controlled breathing when I walk to and from work...you know, a walking medidation kind of thing. I thought I'd do some controlled breathing this evening, on my way home, as a way to center myself before teaching my yoga class...well, it was nearly impossible to breathe deeply with that citrus-filled pack on my back.

2 commenti:

Kelly O ha detto...

You sound so happy in California. :)

Daniel ha detto...

well...i have my ups and downs, but I'm really trying to experience the best that SoCal has to offer! and since I didn't grow up here, I think i'm more willing to give it the benefit of the doubt and look for the good stuff...that was my issue w/ DC...I was jaded b/c I grew up there and had all sorts of geographical baggage!