martedì 22 aprile 2008

Pork Sausage Disrupts Deep Relaxation

Just minutes before I got Margaret's hug via Tim (see post above), I was the biggest yoga dork ever. My friend Christine and I carpooled to the little yoga event, and as we were walking past the glass wall the separates the second-floor sidewalk from the external wall of Tim's yoga studio, I launched into the dinner menu from our Saturday night out at a hot restaurant in San Diego that fits into the "farm-to-table" genre. It's a sausage joint called The Linkery and they get all their meat from family farms and co-ops with good reputations for animal welfare and ecological farming practices (am I sucker or what???). Anyway, just as we passed the big frosted glass wall, I was all like "and we had two Iowa Farm House Pork sausages and one chicken tarragon sausage" in that really loud voice that I get when I'm excited and not aware of my surroundings. And then we turned the corner and looked inside and saw that a room full of students on their backs in deep relaxation.

I'm such a dork. I'm that guy. The one who disrupts deep relaxation with tales of sausage consumption! Oh well. It could have been worse. At least the meat had good karma (or about as good as you can get in San Diego).

We don't eat much meat. We get chicken at Chipotle. Very occasionally I buy grass fed organic ground beef so ivano can make a ragu. and now, we eat trendy sausage and I broadcast it during deep relaxation. Maybe next, I can eat a free range omelette and tell you about it during a wedding ceremony. any takers?

Nessun commento: