lunedì 10 novembre 2008

Will Hang Lights for Cash

A home-made sign on the exit ramp for The 5 at La Jolla Village Drive offers to hang your christmas lights for you. I suppose there is a market for this, but I have such fond memories of hanging white christmas lights on our mostly dormant azalea bushes...and memories of happily plunking down my own hard-earned cash from raking the leaves of various neighbors to buy more lights to put on the bushes. I was SO into Christmas lights...into the thrill of reaching the crest of Gatewood Place (the block before ours) and looking down the hill and halfway up the next hill and seeing the white lights lighting up the bushes. But I think more than anything, I sought the feeling of personal expression and validation I got from seeing my efforts "lit up at night."

Perhaps

Nessun commento: