venerdì 21 novembre 2008

go home for thanksgiving Douglas!!!

Douglas, the youngest of the 6, is in architecture grad school at Yale. this is his first semester. He barely sleeps b/c he has so much work to do. I just talked to my mom and she said he said he isn't coming home for Thanksgiving b/c he has to work on a paper.

Come on Douglas!!! You have the whole week off...can't you go home for at least a couple of days? Get some good food, a night of sleep and a change of scenery?

Knowing that you are going home will also make you more productive for the first part of the week when you are still up at school...and if you are going home, you better buy a ticket soon...you don't want to decide to go home at the last minute and then realize you can't get a ticket...

now...on the other hand...if you are saying you have a paper b/c you have a hot week-long botty call next week that you don't want to miss out...then that's up to you...but thanksgiving only comes along once a year...and if you don't want to go home, then go somewhere else...what is Amanda doing? go see her! or go hang out in Manhattan...but enjoy yourself for at least 48 hours...you'll be glad you did.

3 commenti:

Amanda ha detto...

Don't make me feel bad, I will be out of town... VISITING MY FAMILY, UNLIKE SOME INGRATES!!! But I do wish I could see the most youthful of the Kanes.... I am trying to get him to invite me up to Connecticut in December - y'know, right around Finals...

Daniel ha detto...

darn...I wish you were going to be in baltimore...that would make the going to DC/Balt case stronger!! but douglas already didn't come see me when I was in NYC over labor day, and then afterward, he was like "I totally could have come to see you"...and I expect this will be the same...besides, you can make your trip home productive if you need to...even get dad to help you write your paper...it's the least he can do

W ha detto...

oh my! Ok...I will look at tickets right now. There is more than the paper though: major studio pin-up on Monday, Eisenman paper due in Dec, our final painting, ACL final,... However, I do want to go home!