martedì 11 marzo 2008

credit cards and teaching yoga don't mix

I teach yoga on tuesday nights at Four Seasons Yoga here in San Diego. Unfortunately, that means I have to handle student money and even credit cards. We have the old-school system where you make a carbon copy of the card number and then process the transaction later on. I did my swipe thing and filled in the details, and then put my pen down and almost started signing the student's receipt. It's funny to be on the other side of the credit card transaction. I'm so used to be the one paying.

I also accepted a payment by Discover. I have no idea if we even take Discover.

2 commenti:

W ha detto...

is it possible to get a swipey thing that connects to a phone line??

Anonimo ha detto...

A tissue might work but you'd have a hell of a time keeping it connected to the phone.