domenica 19 agosto 2007

the old guy next to me in savasana

I went up to Tim Miller's yoga studio this morning for the 10 AM Ashtanga yoga first series class. It was a great class. About 1 second into the deep relaxtion at the end, the old dude next to me (mid 60s at least, tight biker shorts, yellow "live strong" bracelet) started snoring. He must have fallen asleep immediately, which is funny b/c 10 seconds earlier, we were all in lotus or some other cross legged variation and trying to lift our butts and feet off the ground at the same time. Not exactly sleep inducing. It's like finishing a run and taking a nap while you untie your first shoe lace. There was at least one other person snoring as well. At the end, Tim was like "that was a really good savasana!" I think he was making light of the snoring, but I'm not sure.

4 commenti:

Kelly O ha detto...

Tim Miller, the performance artist?! I'm sure it's not, but how cool would that be?

W ha detto...

I laughed out loud at this. I guess technically speaking that would be "lol"

mkudlacz ha detto...

"It's like finishing a run and taking a nap while you untie your first shoe lace."

Best analogy ever?

Daniel ha detto...

No. Saying something is about "as dirty as the blanket that the cat had kids in" is the best analogy ever!!!