lunedì 8 settembre 2008

Halloween is the new basement (part 2)

Halloween IS the new basement.

That's what italian bf concluded recently. And by that he meant that Halloween is my new official excuse for not throwing things away. The above photos are from my parents' basement in Silver Spring, taken over Labor Day weekend 2008. According to my mom's calculations, you don't ever have to throw anything away. You just put it in the basement. And this is an awesome plan, especially if you are her son, live 3,000 miles away and have a ton of stuff in that basement that you don't want to lose, but don't actually want in your own house/apartment.

But in said house/apartment, I am hoarding yogurt containers and their lids. I plan to cut them up and tie/sew/hot-glue-gun the pieces together and create some sort of Roman-armor-meets-guy-in-a-hot-dog-suit combo. My costume will be called "dairy queen" and it will be a big hit in West Hollywood on Halloween. That's the idea anyway.

4 commenti:

Amanda ha detto...

I'm sure your mom will be thrilled to death that you posted photos of her clutter on the internet!

Daniel ha detto...

I'm sure there are other things on here that she'd be less thrilled about than the clutter :)

W ha detto...

I'm loving the Dairy Queen costume!

W ha detto...

also, I particularly enjoy the golden harvest magnets