domenica 14 settembre 2008

mental note: stop procrastinating

Seriously. It's gotten bad. I have deleted whole groups of voice mails without listening to them. Why? Bc there are a few that I waited too long to respond to...and then it was late, and it became "a thing" (at least in my head) and then I didn't want to have to listen to those voice mails, but I have to get through them to get to newer voice mails, which too became late. And it's a positive feedback loop (in a negative direction) that leads me to being an inconsiderate jerk. but before I continue flogging myself, allow me to come to my own defense. f*cking information overload. For real. Too many emails and voice mails. To much to respond to, and none of it feels real. it's all virtual in medium, even though the people behind them are real. I'm tired of living in such a virtual world. I want to get drunk with my neighbor on friday night just because we saw each other in the hallway and decided to hang out...oh, wait...that's what i did on friday night. Sweet! at least that.

2 commenti:

Kelly O ha detto...

Yes, totally! This is why everyone should (1) have a blog, so the virtual connection isn't lost, and (2) make an effort to get drunk with friends and neighbors regularly, so real connections are established and maintained.

Daniel ha detto...

let's start a "back to the bar" movement. I do think there is going to be a rennaissance in laptop-free cafe/bar culture in the coming decade. people will reject the nearly absolute reliance on digital social communications