sabato 2 agosto 2008

her loins

those red things on the right side of the photo above...they are "her loins"...according to italian bf. of course they are really "heirlooms" as in heirloom tomatoes...but somehow, italian bf started phonetically calling them "her loins" and i haven't had the heart to tell him until now. I think it's super cute when he gets words wrong...and it drives him crazy when I don't correct him...so I promised to correct him on most things...but not until I get a little fun out of the situation.

italian bf refered to them as "her loin tomatoes" to our Japanese friends last night. they didn't say a word and I just sat there and laughed on the inside. and then today at the grocery store, italian bf was like "no more her loins" and I totally agreed. I am SO not interested in her loins. The her loins in san diego this summer have totally sucked, and I'm not talking about the female eye candy at pacific beach. the farmers around here are growing really shitty her loin tomatoes and charging outrageous prices for them. I have been calling them "industrial heirlooms" but from now on they are "industrial her loins."

4 commenti:

Amanda ha detto...

I love this.

I just got some great Maryland 'maters from a produce stand on the way home from the Eastern Shore. There's nothing like tomatoes grown in Maryland soil!

W ha detto...

awww!

James ha detto...

hi Daniel
nice pictures
i enjoyed your blog
so, i like me the blue berries too and vegetables
in Chile we have a lot of blue berries
i hope you visit somedays this part of the world
regards
jlizamavera.blogspot.com
PD. say hi for me to Douglas.

Daniel ha detto...

maryland maters make me happy!!!