martedì 18 dicembre 2007

Sweetsettia

Who needs little old pointsettias when you have massive blazing red plants in deep December. How do I know it's deep December?

By 9:05 AM today I had eaten:
1. Pumpkin pie
2. A chocolate chip cookie baked by my mom
3. Short bread
4. chocolate and nut covered toffee
The only way to fight off the impending sugar crash was a caffeine high. My usual coffee cart on campus is closed for winter break, so I ventured to the coffee house in the student center. The guy in front of me ordered a "Triple Raspberry Bianca."

What the hell is a triple raspberry bianca you ask?
It's a white mocha with raspberry syrup and three shots of espresso. I guess I wasn't the only person on campus eating like a pig this morning.

PS: remember when it was late September and I said the sweetgums were just turning red? well...some of them are still red. Go Big Red!

and then on Dec 1 when I said the trees were still red...