lunedì 17 dicembre 2007

egg nog scone leads to letter theft



I spent Saturday night at Peet's Coffee and Tea in La Jolla Village Center adding personal notes and drawings to the intro page of this year's paper xmas letter.

I splurged and got an egg nog scone with my herbal tea. It was too sweet and also strangely spicy. And also weird because no cake product should taste like egg nog. There was a strange aftertaste that is only acceptable if it leads to a buzz. But no buzz ensued. Just a weird stomach feeling that grew as the evening wore one. I went to sleep before Ivano on Saturday night and when he opened the door to our bedroom to come to bed, he says my breath made the whole room smell like a mix of warm coffee and salami. That's a serious scone.

While I was suprised to realized that my stomach turned cake into caffeine and rendered meat product, I was even more suprised to find that I was missing two of the letters that I wrote out the night before at Peets.

I checked through my whole bag three times. I searched the apartment. I called Peets and asked them to look around. I went back to Peets and took a look for myself. Nothing.

My conclusion? when I got up from my perch to get more hot water for my pot of tea, someone swiped my two letters. Both the envelopes and the letters are missing.

So...if you're the person who swiped the letters, you may be reading this blog...because I added the URL to the header of the Word doc. So...what's up with stealing a christmas letter? I'm about to email the two friends and tell them that they could be getting a counterfeit christmas letter...which would be kinda funny if it's not abusive.

it also occurs to me that the actual letter this year could be mistaken as a fake letter written by a crazy person...but that's a matter for another day...so...Jessica and Gretchen...watch out for a fake letter...you'll get a real one eventually...

the funny thing is that I took a few pictures of the missing letters...before they dissapeared of course. I'll post them in a blog below this one. If you've seen this letter, let me know!

2 commenti:

Kelly O ha detto...

Those were great pictures, too. Whoever stole the letters should be ashamed, but I can understand. They're awfully cool!

W ha detto...

-i generally avoid all nog based products.
-the unibrow christmas tree is hilarious.
-"close your eyes and you're a star" with the closed eye star is very creative!

side note: see my lighting comment on the other post...maybe it will help solve the mystery???