lunedì 16 novembre 2009

Cyber Monday: Beware of Early Morning (online) Shopping

If you plan to your christmas shopping from your computer during fleeting early-morning moments of silence, look out!

don't cyber shop before breakfast!!!!

Saturday morning, I awoke and bought vacuum bags online. Really.

Mornings are when I am most amenable to bureaucratic and other uninteresting tasks.

I did a little Googling on Saturday morning and found my vacuum bag make and model for the same price listed at Target (which of course didn't have the bags I needed when I was at their brick and mortar.)

Boom-batta-click-click-click.

Done!

But as I hit confirm, my eyes caught the shipping and handling. $7.50!

Frickin' $7.50 shipping and handling for $5.99 vacuum bags.

If I had been a little more awake, I'm sure I would have checked the shipping and handling before hitting "buy".

maybe there was some way to stop the online purchase, but that seemed like too much for a Saturday morning. So I'm just complaining about it on the Internet (and gradually trying to earn back that $7.50.) I think i'm almost there. I made coffee this am instead of buying a favored Monday-morning latte. Last night, I bought white wine that is a dollar cheaper than my homer-simpson-inspired, "I'll take a bottle of your second least expensive wine." I also stopped myself from buying a cookie-cooling rack. I don't know how important they are...but my mom uses them...and since I am trying to re-create her cookie magic this Christmas, I thought I should have a rack...but I used plates instead, and it seemed to work ok. So...I think i've almost earned back my saturday morning blunder...but be forewarned...don't cyber shop before breakfast!!!!

I also practiced yoga at home over the weekend rather than going to studios...but that was not for cost-saving reasons...

3 commenti:

W ha detto...

The last comment on yoga practice almost seemed like a guilty confession more than anything else!

$7.50 seems excessive for shipping. I wonder if there was a flat shipping charge up to a certain overall total price?

Daniel ha detto...

no not a guilty confession...although on some level, i do feel bad when i don't participate in the local yoga community...but self practice is great sometimes.

Daniel ha detto...

7.50? maybe a flat rate...or maybe just a rip off