giovedì 4 dicembre 2008

white zin, white trash

In the 80s and 90s, conventional (stereotypic) white middle class wisdom said that only the white trash drink white zin. Bonus points if it came in a box. and then someone decided to re-market white zin to other groups...I got curious and bought a bottle. conclusion: it tastes like bad white grape juice with way too much sugar added.

Tonight, I managed to give, in Italian, my take on white zin's recent marketing history. The glass of the stuff I gulped down on an empty stomach helped a lot with the flow of the verbs. Our italian house guest listened intently and pretended not to mind being served "truzzi wine". (truzzi is white trash in italian).

I also know how to say "I have a hard on" in Italian...but you'll have to ask your local pizza guy for the translation :)

Nessun commento: