martedì 24 giugno 2008

do you floss your bed?

do you floss your bed?

we do...

in the sense that we flip our mattress every week, or at least every other week. when I say we, I mean, the italian bf initiates the flipping and I go along with the plan...in part because I know it will make our mattress last longer, which means less mattresses in the landfill or the incinerator. But if it were up to me, I don't think i'd flip a mattress. even though I know I should.

the mattress flipping reach an apex last night. Italian bf was flipping the mattress on his own last night b/c I was in the living room doing yoga. During the one-man-flip-maneuver, he noticed the ikea bedframe was coming apart. So he fixed that (good thing we got a faulty bedframe the first time around b/c we ended up with two sets of hardware). and after the fixing, I helped him put the mattress back on the bed...but oh the horror...we were not sure which side was most recently slept on. Never fear. we carefully checked the indentation patterns on both sides of the mattress until we figured out side had been pressed down into the wooden slats supporting the bed.

3 commenti:

Amanda ha detto...

wow. I flip my mattress once a year... maybe.

PS - Andy told me that in that terrible Nick Cage movie "National Treasure", the Cage character's mother is a linguist professor at UMD. Made me think of Ivano.

PPS - Don't ask me why he watched that movie, I could never give you a good answer.

Anonimo ha detto...

Wouldn't it just be easier to sleep every other night under the bed?

W ha detto...

I can't flip my mattress. It is some new-fangled non-coil non-tempurpedic thing that is one-sided.